Switching back to non-organic?

gamefowl guy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 21, 2011
My computer
I am planning on starting to buy non-organic food again. Is there anything that could immediately damage my bird's health by switching from one to the other? I'm not worried about the chemicals, I don't like GM crops, and I know they are most likely more harmful in the long run, but I really can't afford $25 for #50, which is what it has recently jumped too.

i switched back for a different reason. i found that my particular brand of organic feed led to soft shells, where my non-organic did not.

i think they just didn't have the technology down yet. sort of like i'm not really that happy with my white fillings, though i know that i had to get rid of my mercury ones. it takes a while to perfect things and i hate being the test case.

anyways, i'm very happy with Poulin.

i switched back and forth a couple times and had the same results.

the only thing i would say is switch your food slowly by mixing the two foods for a while.

at this point, what i'd really love to try is a soy-free organic. don't think i'll change til then.

Renee

Do half and half for a bit to get them used to it.

I love my organic chicken feed. It is about $5 more a big bag, but worth it to us. No soft shells. I guess it depends on the brand.
smile.png

Thanks to both of you. I mix my own feed so I can adjust what I put in as necessary, so the main reason I am switching is financial. Even with selling birds I just can't sustain $25 dollars a bag for ground corn (non-organic is $10). Soybean meal is about 7-10 dollars more per #50, so I will probably stick with organic just for that. I really don't like GMO's and don't want to support them, but I have to keep my head above water here.

Around here organic feed is about 27-28 dollars #50 lbs, and non-organic is 17-19 per #50. I do save quite a bit even on that mixing my own.

Anymore input from anyone??? Any help appreciated!

I was happy with my organic feed while I lived in VA. It was $14 and some change for 50lbs.

Now I'm in KY where they try to sell it for $30+ for 50lbs. That's TWICE as much.

Needless to say, I switched back to non-organic for financial reasons.

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom