Switching feed

KSANDERS1

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
south carolina
Hi, everybody! I'm new, here. But I've taken time to read the faq and through approximately page 11 of feeding time to find a specific answer to this question. I couldn't find it, or couldn't see it, because I kept it up til about 1 am, last night.
Anyway,will it hurt my approximately 7 week old chicks to switch from Purina Start and Grow to Nutrina Start and Grow with medication? I've never owned chickens before, but my neighbor has free range, which they do well and frequently. Plus the neighborhood has several wandering guineas and a peahen or two, plus some ducks. My chickens are in a 50 by 30 pen, which encloses the hen house. My stepson works for a feed store and he said to switch. But he's never raised chickens. Anyway, I bought the feed but decided to investigate before feeding. I'd rather take it back than risk hurting my babies, so let me know, please. Thank you --Kim

Hmm... I remember reading a thread on this topic. I believe that it is ok to switch. The post I read was about mixing the left over feed with the new and it boiled down to.... the medication would not be effective so not to mix if you WANTED the full benefits of the medication. But, hopefully someone else will have a more definitive answer for you.

Back
Top Bottom