swollen abdomen and limp comb...help!

i checked her for being egg bound , but didn't feel anything. and yes, she's waddling like a penguin. should i isolate her from the other chickens?
She is probably ok with them----if this is what I described--the egg bound is different than your normal egg bound----she is probably producing shell-less eggs and they are just building up inside her---which is what is making her heavier and hard. Let me find a pic-----not a pretty site though.

EggBound002_zps20760de9.jpg

EggBound003_zpsdad4798d.jpg

She is probably ok with them----if this is what I described--the egg bound is different than your normal egg bound----she is probably producing shell-less eggs and they are just building up inside her---which is what is making her heavier and hard. Let me find a pic-----not a pretty site though.

EggBound002_zps20760de9.jpg

EggBound003_zpsdad4798d.jpg
That looks like a really bad repro-tract infection (salpingitis).

It's been about 2 weeks since my RIR has roosted with the other chickens. She sleeps in the nesting box. Her abdomen is very very hard and bloated. I checked her for being egg bound and she isn't.
She's not moving around much and had a very messy bottom. Her comb is now limp and drooping badly to the side.
Does anyone know of anything I can do!! I'm desperate.
Does her belly feel hard, or does it feel like it full of fluid?

Back
Top Bottom