Swollen area around eyes - HELP (PICTURE)

jessejeanne

Chirping
Apr 28, 2023
Hi there,

Today I just noticed that one of my hens has a swollen area around each eye.
I can't really find what it is on the internet and was wondering what to do, as it doesn't look great to me...

She is around 5 months old.
My other chickens appear to be fine, except that my rooster sometimes looks a bit sick but that's another case.

I did notice blood mites in their coop, which I already bought something for, but besides that they still lay eggs as usual and eat and drink well.
I'll try to add a picture after work.

Any natural solutions? Can I use chamomile tea or would that just do nothing?

I did find some similar topics but none of them were exactly the same; most of the times the chicken was lethargic and mine at the moment isn't, maybe because it's the beginning?

Attachments

• F5C9D3C4-DE1E-462C-97C3-4CB11603E12E.jpeg
    F5C9D3C4-DE1E-462C-97C3-4CB11603E12E.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi there,

Today I just noticed that one of my hens has a swollen area around each eye.
I can't really find what it is on the internet and was wondering what to do, as it doesn't look great to me...

She is around 5 months old.
My other chickens appear to have nothing, except that my rooster sometimes acts a bit weird.

I did notice blood mites in their coop, which I already bought something for, but besides that they still lay eggs as usual and eat and drink well.
I'll try to add a picture after work.

Any natural solutions? Can I use chamomile tea or would that just do nothing?
The chicken with the swollen eyes just behaves as normal; the breed I have only starts laying at 6 months so she doesn't lay eggs yet. I do think she's a bit slower than normal but not too much. I couldn't find any scratches.

Back
Top Bottom