Swollen comb and face?

julsmc

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
Tampa

My Maren just finished a hard molt. She is eating, drinking, and acting completely normal.
I just noticed the bump on her face and swollen comb. Any ideas? She also just had a dose of Wazine (wormer) yesterday. We are in Tampa.

My hens are having some hard molts too, this can make their immune system go down and cause some issues.

The swollen eye makes me think sinus issues, in which case giving her vitamins and a warm place to sleep (with good circulation and a low amount of dust) would be best. I'm not sure about the swollen comb, however. How is she behavior wise? Is it hot to the touch? Soft? Hard? Does she shake it a lot or pull away if you press on it (most chickens do this anyways, so it can be hard to tell).

I hope everything works out well.

Thanks for your thoughts. She is acting normal, the comb is not hot, we looked inside her mouth and see no infection. There has been no change good or bad. We are taking your advice, vitamins, etc. we just finished our fall scrub down of the coop, so everything is really clean. Just installed side mount nipple drippers, LOVE THEM!! Putting oregano oil in water, hopefully will see change soon.

Back
Top Bottom