Swollen crop on baby bantam

Thanks, we don't have coconut oil, is there a possible substitute?
Olive oil. If it’s sour craw then feed it yogurt that has live cultures in it. That cultures will fight off the bacteria that’s causing it. You know it’s sour craw if it’s craw it’s squishy. You can also put a little bit of apple cider vinegar in its water to see if that helps.

View attachment 2058290View attachment 2058292View attachment 2058293View attachment 2058294
We're not sure how she normally acts because we bought her from the store only today to see if we could help her(or him, we're not sure). We only took her because we don't think she would survive the store with any condition
I unfortunately Have had a chicks that did that. It’s a birth defect. Separate it from the other chickens in a bin with a heat lamp, and prop it upright with like a towel or something. There’s not much you can do but see if she gets worse or better. Most the time they don’t live for very long. But occasionally they do survive.

Please give the baby applesauce as soon as you can. Warm it up slightly, don't give it cold. the apple sauce they sell for babies is better but any applesauce in a storm.
Cute baby-- bless you and thank you for helping.

I got a chick from tractor supply last week that this happened to. It ended up dying within about 4 days and only had the really swollen crop for about 24 hours. Now I think it's starting with another bantam chick I got at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom