Swollen eye lids on chicken

Kasiegirl

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2021
Hi I am new to raising chickens. I have 4 barred rocks and 4 leghorns. I noticed tonight my one barred who is about 11 weeks her upper and lower lid looks swollen. She was ok this morning when i picked her up. I bought the chickens in April of this year and this is my first time ever. I don’t see any other issues no sneezing or coughing or smell she’s eating and drinking ok. Can anyone advise what it might be and how to treat it? None of the other chickens seem to have any issues.

Attachments

• 267C41A6-24FE-4772-89B4-9503A927840D.jpeg
    267C41A6-24FE-4772-89B4-9503A927840D.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 20
Hi I am new to raising chickens. I have 4 barred rocks and 4 leghorns. I noticed tonight my one barred who is about 11 weeks her upper and lower lid looks swollen. She was ok this morning when i picked her up. I bought the chickens in April of this year and this is my first time ever. I don’t see any other issues no sneezing or coughing or smell she’s eating and drinking ok. Can anyone advise what it might be and how to treat it? None of the other chickens seem to have any issues.

Should i keep an eye on. It ? Or is there anything i can do for the swelling?
If she is otherwise normal with no respiratory issues, active, eating and drinking, I would get some liquid children's benadryl and give her 1.5-2 mls every 12 hours and see if that brings the swelling down.

Back
Top Bottom