Swollen eye!!

happy_feets12

Chirping
Oct 27, 2020
Hi,
on 7th of september i take one of my polish baby chicken to tthe vet, because she had swollen eye. The vet take care of him and he gave her a medicine called Marbofloxacin and i was told to clean her eye with saled water from pharmacy. I need to gave her this antibiotic twice a day for 10 days. The vet also take the eye swab when the results came he told me that is nit mycoplasma. But after the treatmen her eye was still swallow. And now she also closed her second eye(it is not swollen), but in that swollen eye comes out like yellow slime…
when i clean her eye and i open it i saw white mesh on her pupil( i hope that she didn’t went blind on this eye) can someone help me what to do?

Attachments

• ECF5BE08-4BF5-4824-8BD1-70214782E582.jpeg
    ECF5BE08-4BF5-4824-8BD1-70214782E582.jpeg
    850.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 2CAB14CA-5A9A-43AE-87D5-1C3E81947F73.jpeg
    2CAB14CA-5A9A-43AE-87D5-1C3E81947F73.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 15
  • C8094D2B-14D0-44EC-8382-7BADD9D68402.jpeg
    C8094D2B-14D0-44EC-8382-7BADD9D68402.jpeg
    560.3 KB · Views: 15
Can you follow up with your vet? Is there a bad odor from the face? It sounds like the vet may need to switch drugs to a sulfa antibiotic, but the vet would know the best. If the chicken has a bad odor from the eyes, it may be infectious coryza. Getting the pus or drainage out of the eye should be done, and I would flush it with saline and apply an antibiotic drop or ointment twice a day.

Can you follow up with your vet? Is there a bad odor from the face? It sounds like the vet may need to switch drugs to a sulfa antibiotic, but the vet would know the best. If the chicken has a bad odor from the eyes, it may be infectious coryza. Getting the pus or drainage out of the eye should be done, and I would flush it with saline and apply an antibiotic drop or ointment twice a day.
no i does not stink….i clean the eye with saline but i doesn’t help

Hi,
on 7th of september i take one of my polish baby chicken to tthe vet, because she had swollen eye. The vet take care of him and he gave her a medicine called Marbofloxacin and i was told to clean her eye with saled water from pharmacy. I need to gave her this antibiotic twice a day for 10 days. The vet also take the eye swab when the results came he told me that is nit mycoplasma. But after the treatmen her eye was still swallow. And now she also closed her second eye(it is not swollen), but in that swollen eye comes out like yellow slime…
when i clean her eye and i open it i saw white mesh on her pupil( i hope that she didn’t went blind on this eye) can someone help me what to do?
try a light watery solution of charcoal slurry. google homeopathic remedy for swollen eye and check out all the similarities of each remedy and pick the one nearest to your chicken's problems. chemicals and drugs etc will eventually kill your chicken. if you want them lasting for thirty years, without vet visits, one has to feed them raw organic tucker with lots and lots of green leaves and grass. free range without a doubt! use ash from your wood fire for mites, ticks etc. works wonders. garlic solution for worms. good luck.

Can you get Terramycin eye ointment where you are located? Or plain Neosporin ointment? If there is white film or pus, try to clean it out, and you may need to press a little around the eye to get pus out. Flush it with saline, and apply the eye ointment 2-3 times a day. Oral antibiotics may not help unless you get the pus out.

Back
Top Bottom