Swollen Face With Bubbles - Please Help Me

My girl in the picture, Queen, was the first to start having little scabs and shes completely fine now. Nothing wrong with her eyes. I am new at all of this though and it was hard finding a vet willing to even take one of my chickens. Another girl got really scabbed up and it was right on one of her eyes. I was told to use an ointment called Terramycin to put on her and the others so nothing gets infected. I’m scared now they might have MG since you said it’s an easy secondary infection to get. Like maybe they have both but my vet literally never mentioned it. I managed to get some Tylan 50 which they were all treated with. I was having a lot of difficulty with finding it at first in Cali.

I know I made a mistake at buying adult hens. I won’t ever do that again for future flocks. I feel like my girls came with so many different troubles and I was very overwhelmed. I feel so guilty too I just want them to be happy and healthy 😭
Also I gave the Tylan 50 orally because I’ve never done any kind of injection before. I didn’t want to accidentally hurt them

I hope I don’t sound dumb with all of this. So far my experience as a chicken owner has been very hard and costly

Tylan is best given orally in chickens, since it could cause muscle damage at the site of injection. You don’t sound dumb at all. I would just assume that you may have an MG positive flock, so that means to keep your flock closed. No birds should ever leave your flock since they could be carriers. If you have a chance to get a sick bird tested, or if you should lose one, and get a necropsy by your state vet, that might confirm the disease.

Back
Top Bottom