Swollen face?

DelawareSilkie

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 8, 2010
I have a turkey, a jake I think, that has a swollen face on his left side. It looks like a bubble, kinda bluish. Is this a bruise or something else? He frequents with my other chickens a lot. I had him since he was a little chick, and grew up with these birds. This is the first time I have ever encountered this situation. Please help.

I'll try to post a photo when my camera is working, also sorry for the elongated reply, having computer problems

I have had the same problem with some of my turkeys. I read some older posts on here and got some good info. (Use your same posing title and do a search.) Anyway, I got a product called Tylan 50 from the feed store. It worked great. I used the medicine syringe you get from the pharmacy for children's medicine and gave them between 1ml - 1-1/2ml once a day by mouth for a few days. If your turkeys are like mine, you will need help holding them down.
smile.png
When they look better, give it to them for one more day. My turkeys are all back to normal now.

Yesterday I noticed that my tom has a little swelling in the face area (near the eye). He also has some spots that were crusty. I gave him some Tylan. I think he will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom