Swollen feet

Attack Chicken

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
One of my pullets have like soars on her feet. It looks like cuts but their not its really bad in one spot to where the scales have turned a dark brown color and are coming up. other spots are turning the same way. My dad said it might be that her feet aren't as hard as the other pullet and roo. Her feet are pinkish and very soft. Should they be this way? And she is a big i mean big scratcher. Need help!!!Show in 10 days!

SOak her feet in the bath tub, take an old toothbrush and scrub the "bad areas" after shes done with that slather her feet with either vasoline, veggie oil, or neosporin sounds like scaley mites. Possibly bumblefoot. Do you have any pics to help identify the problem?

Someone please help
sad.png

That looks like bumblefoot...caused by a staph infection. She will need antibiotics and the sores will probably need to be opened up and packed with polysporin.

I would separate her into a small cage so she doesn't have to walk around on them much and can still eat and drink with no problems.

Here is an excellent article about it:

http://www.firststatevetsupply.com/poultry-health/bumblefoot.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. I called my friend we call her Pigeon Lady and she said that if I soak the feet in warm water 2 times a day atleast, then put a mixture of honey and vasoline on the area it should bring up the boil or whatever then it will pop.Then after fill it in with neosporin or bactrisien.

Back
Top Bottom