Mahonri

Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
Anyone else watch Warehouse 13 this evening.

DS#3 and I are hooked.

There goes Tuesday evenings!

... new hobby...

had to wait till it was over to go out and shut the AC off in the coop.... it was nice and cool in there and they were all sleeping peacefully on the roosts.

Quote:
Yeah, a week and a half ago I lost two hens to the heat. Went to Home Depot and picked up a little window unit for $99 + tax. Cut a hole in the back wall of the coop... turn it on at 1PM and turn it off just before the sun goes down. I do have to use a 'tooth brush' to clean the coils daily because the filter that came with it isn't the best.... but once those coils are clean the AC cools it right down.

I don't even want to see my electric bill next month.

Yea, I know. I've been thinking of doing the same; it's been just so hot and humid here. So far a fan and some water pans to stand in has helped a lot. But if it gets any hotter I may have to break down and go that route too. Is it just me or is it hotter than usual?

We were so spoiled in JUNE.. coldest June in Phoenix in more than 11 years.... global warming I guess.

Anyway the NWS just gave us a heat warning...EXCESSIVE HEAT OUTLOOK FROM FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY... AFTERNOON TEMPERATURES OF 114 TO 118 DEGREES WILL BE COMMON ACROSS THE LOWER DESERTS DURING THIS PERIOD....

that just about sums it up. C'mon September!

Right now we're having a "cold" spell! It's down to around 80- 85 degrees because we've had a lot of rain this past week. But before that it was around 102- 105. Almost died!! One day I'm moving to Alaska or Iceland or some place cool. (Big wish!) Good luck in all that heat. Hope your bill isn't too bad!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom