Symptoms in other pets that have eaten medicated chick starter?

jeaucamom

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Ophir, CA
I have one dog barfing all over and lethargic and one dog with bloody stool. These are my recent additions to the family and I know they have been out scarfing up any wayward chick starter. What are the symptoms to look for if they were having a reaction to it?

That sucks. If your feed is just medicated with amprolium... since it's only a thiamine blocker... long term eating it might cause thiamine deficiency... Now what that presents itself as I'm not sure...

Sounds like they got into something else? Best of luck.

What type of feed are you useing? Purina has had a recall on chick starter in some lots.

ML

Sorry but it sounds as if your dogs have another ailment.
sad.png
Have they been vaccinated?

Yes, I know Purina has had a recall, but not for lots sold in CA which is where I am, but that was a good thought.

And yes, they are all UTD on shots. I am just keeping a close eye on them. Anna, the one with bloody stool will go to the vet today if it happens again. I am praying desperately that it was a one time fluke. And Wanda, her barf has consisted of a lot of pine needles, so I wonder if she scarfed them up while trying to eat chicken poop and they were irritating her stomach. ???

Yes, I know Purina has had a recall, but not for lots sold in CA which is where I am, but that was a good thought.

And yes, they are all UTD on shots. I am just keeping a close eye on them. Anna, the one with bloody stool will go to the vet today if it happens again. I am praying desperately that it was a one time fluke. And Wanda, her barf has consisted of a lot of pine needles, so I wonder if she scarfed them up while trying to eat chicken poop and they were irritating her stomach. ???

Back
Top Bottom