Syringe strong enough to use with Eprinex?

jbs

Songster
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Maryland
I'm having some issues with disposable syringes breaking every time I try to use them with Eprinex. I've tried both 3 and 6ML syringes and they break right away, I can't use them even once. I've tried measuring 1/2 cc out in drops, but that's kind of a mess, and not that accurate. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with stronger, reusable syringes? I'm looking at a few on Valley Vet's site, like this one:

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail....460f-9c41-896933f71a9a&gas=syringe#tab-review

I've posted about my flock's mite issues in a mites thread, not sure if I should have posted this question there or not. I've dusted my flock and sprayed them with Pyganic. I'd like to treat again in a month with Eprinex but cannot find a syringe that can handle it. Anything larger than 6ML can't dose 1/2cc.

If no one here has experience with this sort of syringe I'm just going to buy one and see how it goes. Eprinex has certainly gotten expensive, almost $50 for the bottle and now another probably $30 for a syringe. I had no idea I was going to have this problem; I wish I had bought Ivermectin instead. Anyway, thanks for any help.

I am not familiar with Eprinex but I can only guess that the problem you are having is because the product is too think to draw it up into the syringe. Are you drawing it up with a needle? A 16 g needle (smaller the # the larger the opening) will help. If you are just using the syringe w/o a needle, cut the tip off, bore out the hole with the tip of a knife, remove the plunger, fill the syringe with the medication than it will work fine. The portion guns work well but it is expensive for a one time deal.

PC, I've been using a syringe without needle. I've tried a 3ML oral syringe, and 3ML and 6ML needle syringes with the needle removed. I'll try making the hole larger and see if that works. It is good to know that the gun type syringes work. I think I may buy one, as I'm sure I'll need to use it again in the future - and I'm having a horrible time dusting or dosing the 25 chickens in my flock, so anything that makes it easier is welcome. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom