Syruping 2021

Tre3hugger

Let Your Freak Flag Fly
Mar 21, 2020
NW Massachusetts
Wanted to make a thread to track my personal syrup experience this year.
So far I have put in 10 taps into 6 trees, 8 blue plastic tube taps, and 2 bucket style. I still have 2 tubes and 1 bucket that I will probably tap tomorrow.
DSC00046.JPG

DSC00049.JPG

I learned a bit from my struggles using a funnel to collect last year so I modified my 55 gallon collection drum a bit to include a filtered (triple layer window screen) inlet big enough to pour into.
DSC00044.JPG

DSC00045.JPG

I am hoping for between one and two gallons of personal use syrup, Last years gallonish just ran out last month! Nothing Like home made maple syrup.
I love sap season. It gets me outside and appreciating nature and super excited for spring! Got 7 gallons since yesterday. Pretty good start.

Stay tuned!

I know about that thread, I posted in it. I didn't know if @duluthralphie wanted me spamming his thread everyday with all my pics and musings so I figured I would make my own. :confused:I will happily participate in the other one though as well by contributing my very best pictures, failures and triumphs.

I know about that thread, I posted in it. I didn't know if @duluthralphie wanted me spamming his thread everyday with all my pics and musings so I figured I would make my own. :confused:I will happily participate in the other one though as well by contributing my very best pictures, failures and triumphs.
You’re more than welcome too.

This thread is for anyone into the craft of maple syrup or sugering, big or small.

Back
Top Bottom