Table style vs drum plucker...

rehric00

Songster
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
What do you guys think is better, table style or drum plucker? I found a table style for 350 but for that I could build or buy a drum style I think...

What do you guys think is better, table style or drum plucker? I found a table style for 350 but for that I could build or buy a drum style I think...

I have used both styles and I have to say that I love the tub plucker hands down. Table style you can do one bird at a time because you need to hold them to control the feather removal. Tub plucker you can do 2 to 4 at a time and achieve good results on all the birds in far less time.

Do they work equally well with removing the fine hair like feathers?
Yes I think they do. The table plucker you have to be the one turning the bird to get the feathers off though and if they are DP birds they will still have hairs under the feathers you may have to use a long handled lighter or torch to burn off afterwards.

With both you have to keep a close eye on your scalder temp and make sure it doesn't get below 145 to 150. I noticed if it does neither will pluck very well. It depends on what you like. The table plucker tends to throw feathers a lot farther as well which makes clean up a little harder but it's not really a problem as long as you have a rake to pick up the feathers afterwards. They both do the job but the fact that the tub plucker can do 4 in the time it takes the table one to do one is why I chose the tub plucker.

Back
Top Bottom