tail down..acting weired

one of my black sex link hens is acting the same way...i started treating her with tetracycline...seems better today.

Last edited:
I just want to tell you (although I feel badly for doing so) that when we had two birds do that last year, both ended up dying before I could figure out what the problem was. We examined one for possible egg binding, but couldn't feel anything. They were both RIRs and laid very large eggs, so I don't know if that was the problem or not. They were walking very slowly with tails down and had very poopy bottoms.
Now we've got another one who has developed a very dirty bottom--but she's a poor layer (Sussex) and they're all off laying right now anyway, due to the lack of light and being older. So with this one, I don't think it could be egg binding, and she's not really acting sick anyway.
I'll try to follow this thread but may start my own.
I hope things work out okay!

its odd. she is traveling with the flock and diging in the leaves, but she appears bigger that before and her tail stays down. Last night I gave them all scratch. she ate some but not like usual. If I thought she was hurting I would cull her.

Back
Top Bottom