tail tucked! help!

It's Giardia! Must have deen drinking some bad water in a low lying spot yesterday morning and then the infection hit her hard and fast. She pooped super smelly, light green poo at the vet and he was able to test it. The vet gave Jailbird 2 meds. We have to keep her confined and at or around 80 degree temps. If she hasn't at least nibbled some food by tomorrow morning, the vet said to call his cell, bc Jailbird may need a stay in the hospital for fluids and food to prevent her from becoming too weak. The vet thinks that Jailbird is wobbling bc she is very week from the infection. Poor thing! Thanks for your prayers! She needs them.

Hopefully others can read this thread and it may help them in case their ducks come down w something similar.
Sounds like she is in good hands. Hope she begins to turn around quick once the meds kick in. What sweet pics, she looks so tiny. Keep us updated and thank you, for letting us know.
hugs.gif

Jailbird is looking so much better! She is still obviously not feeling well, but I can see real improvement. Her tail is finally back up where it should be too! Today I picked up some more meds from vet. He also sent home a jar of baby food (green beans I think) to hopefully kill some of the medicine's bad taste. Today she finally started to make a few, quiet vocalizations. She still won't eat much, but she will gobble up live worms!!! Although Jailbird is still wobbling a little, she has gained back much of her coordination. Today she got mad at me, so she ran to the laundry room where she sulked for 10 minutes or so (until she had forgiven me). Then she joined in the kitchen. She is starting to feel well enough to fuss at the dog too. So, albeit she certainly seems cranky, but I think that us a very good sign that her energy is returning!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much for your help, and for asking about her!!!!!

Last edited:
Jailbird is looking so much better! She is still obviously not feeling well, but I can see real improvement. Her tail is finally back up where it should be too! Today I picked up some more meds from vet. He also sent home a jar of baby food (green beans I think) to hopefully kill some of the medicine's bad taste. Today she finally started to make a few, quiet vocalizations. She still won't eat much, but she will gobble up live worms!!! Although Jailbird is still wobbling a little, she has gained back much of her coordination. Today she got mad at me, so she ran to the laundry room where she sulked for 10 minutes or so (until she had forgiven me). Then she joined in the kitchen. She is starting to feel well enough to fuss at the dog too. So, albeit she certainly seems cranky, but I think that us a very good sign that her energy is returning!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much for your help, and for asking about her!!!!!
I'm so glad to hear your seeing improvement. I know your relieved. She is so cute.

Back
Top Bottom