wink.png
fl.gif

*sorry for the scare about the sequel, Birdies, it's not over for awhile!*

Chapter 6

Where was I?
How did I ever get here?
Why was the light ever so dull?
Where was Lilith?
I stood, for the first time since the fire.
My wings and legs were stitched and bandaged.
Maybe humans weren't THAT bad.
But where was the human? The human who saved me, but injured me?
Why wasn't I outside with Lilith, telling her everything would be okay and that there's nothing to cry about?
Questions rang in my head and I was angry, knowing I couldn't answer them. I let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding. The sun shone inside this room, casting a beautiful silver and blue glow around the room, mixing in with the radient colors of the sun, bright and golden.
It reminded me of Lilith, her feathers golden and her eyes a silk silvery blue.
And how she's been waiting for me.
I bet she's wondering where I am, and wondering if I'd left her alone.
But the real question was...
How did I get here?
I looked through the glass on the other side of the room and saw my old coop, in shingles and ashes, and I saw Lilith's golden feathers shining out, she was standing beside our burned home.
Glass...
Glass!
Glass was breakable!
I ran to the other side of the room and pecked and clawed at the glass. One crack, two...
push... push...
Finally it shattered open, one blade of glass scraping a cut on the side of my face as it broke.
I heard a human curse, and the human ran into the room, trying to grab at me, but I hopped out the window, cutting my foot on the glass, but the pain was so minor compared to the pain I felt inside of loosing my home. I didn't even stop. I ran straight to Lilith.
She turned to me, her eyes like fire.
"Sage! I'll kill you for this!" She yelled.
What?
"You destroyed all I ever cared about..." She snarled. "My home, the human, and now you've destroyed yourself. But inside, you've destroyed me."

To be continued...

Back
Top Bottom