Take 2! More Boys?!?

ryanbonin

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys - I'm taking another shot at this as I'm now worried I might have up to 5 boys!!!
he.gif
On the plus side, one that we thought was a boy for sure... MIGHT be a girl?

Our chicks are 2 to 2.5 months old. A couple of them are younger but we got them all at the same time. The reason I'm posting again is they're older now, and because we're thinking of picking up a few 2 to 3 month old pullets to make up for all the boys we have.... I just wanna get one last opinion from the pro's here before picking up a couple more GIRLS.... and yes if we do get 2 girls, we will keep them separated from our flock at first.

Thanks in advance!!!
thumbsup.gif

Chick 1 - Mutt Bantam Rock - super friendly bird
IMG_8826.jpg

IMG_8853.jpg

Chick 2 - Bantam Partridge Rock

IMG_8862.jpg

IMG_8865.jpg

Chick 3 - Bantam Buff Rock

IMG_8858.jpg

Chick 4 Bantam Buff Rock as well

IMG_8860.jpg

Chick 5 - Standard Size Barred Rock

IMG_8833.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

Chick 6 - Golden Phoenix - Our Youngest bird by 1.5 weeks or so - we thought was a girl but he/she's headpiece came in fast and furious the past few days and is getting red real quick

IMG_8838.jpg

IMG_8868.jpg

Chick 7 - Golden Phoenix ( survived a black lab attack )

IMG_8874.jpg

#2,5, and 7, I would say pullets. Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in, but that is my guess! BTW, your partridge rock is gorgeous! Love her!
droolin.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! She is a very pretty bird! Probably the shyest of the group but I think she'll come around...

Quote:
Thanks a bunch! This scenario is my worst fear! haha I wanted to keep my Mutt roo for his personality but if one of my phoenix's end up being a roo I'm going to keep him.

Any other opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Ok you got some very pretty chicks and I am expecting Silver Phoniex soon from Efowl! I hope my boys are as pretty as your little golden guys are!
I have to say though I only see one pullet and that is the Partridge Rock (very nice). This is just an opinion but my experiance says the rest's wattles and combs are much to defined at this age to be hens but I could be wrong......I have been plenty of times before...Just offering an opinion....

Back
Top Bottom