Take a guess 3 month old silkies? New Pic Page 3

FrizzleXSilkies dont usaully have too big of poofs, but they do grow up to be quite beautiful! heres mine:
101_0777.jpg
I think your (second picture) white is a pullet, all the rest look like Roo's or arnt good enough picture qaulity.

If you breed him with females with larger crests, they will improve, but crest size isn't the only thing you should be emphasizing on. You should get around 50% silkie and 50% frizzled silkie from that cross. If you're breeding for frizzled silkies, discard the f1 silkies, as they'd just be a step back. Keep the frizzled babies and cross them back to the better silkies. Do not breed frizzle x frizzle, as you will get curlys.

LOL yeah, its actaully more commen for those kind of mixs to adopt more features from the Cochin than the Silkie, also because single combs are also a recessive silkie gene. i have a pure silkie with the gene and just recently saw a rooster with the gene on this chat board.

Single combs are not only common in silkie mixes, but also in many pure, even show lines. It is impossible to tell whether or not a bird that is het for the gene or not until it is crossed with one that is het or homo for the gene and single combs result.

Back
Top Bottom