1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Take a look at my Mallard please duck experts....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Annie75, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Annie75

Annie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Here's Donald (With the missing Daisy) the day that I brought him home last week. Do you think he's pure Mallard? He's sort of a different shape around the head to her. He was stretching his neck up long most of the day but has stopped doing that now. I rang the man I bought him off and he assured me he was pure Mallard and that he only looked long necked because he was stressed out from being 'kidnapped' and thrown in an unfamiliar pen.

When I got him I felt pressure to rescue him from the tiny box he was living in. He doesn't even know what treats are but the chickens are slowly teaching him I'm the lady with the goods since Daisy left.

I hope I haven't stuffed up in buying him because I really want my birds to be as true to their breed as possible if not purebreds. I'm a complete novice so am going to have to learn very fast. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. Speceider

Speceider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    No, not a real good mallard...too large of an abdomen.

Clint

3. peepsandquacks

peepsandquacks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    He's not a Rouen. My Rouen is way bigger then that and is more 'round' to put it nicely, haha. He looms mallard, although, not sure how pure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by