take a look at this for me..Please

I can only tell you my opinion. I would never buy from any website that does not have pictures of their stock.

"Booted" Marans? I don't believe that is the correct description.
idunno.gif

Your RIRs .... are they true RIRs or are they mahogany production reds? Would really need to see pictures of them, as there are too many claiming RIRs when they really have production reds.

Quote:
I am just putting it together. i have not finished so no pictures yet. There will be ipictures in the end. Booted is just meaning "feathered" feet. I can put C1 but some do not know what that means. I can take it off it you really think that.

Please send a PM.
Tks

I would change booted to feather footed, and add pics (which you are already going to do) Besides that it looks great. Very easy to navigate.
smile.png

Your prices didn't make me gag, but your Capital Letters kind of drove me nuts. You need to decide what you want to have in Caps, and be consistent. On your home page, you have a bunch of titles, Roosters and Pullets, Rabbits, Photo Gallery (see, the first letter in each word is Caps (except for 'and' or 'or' etc.), followed by Shipping and prices (inconsistent), and Day old chicks.... see? Also you have an errant letter 't' before the Welcome to the Family Farm (in this case, the capital letter thing is okay, like a book title), but that 't' needs to go. On your shipping page, you've got " If you area few states away from Florida shipping on " you need a space between the 'are' and the 'a'. also " No Eggs were " the E in eggs shouldn't be capitalized. Also, duck babies are 'ducklings' not chicks. I edit webpage content for my job, so if you want to hire me to edit your whole site (after you think you're done or even now), I'm reasonable, and might be willing to barter for hatching eggs next spring.... PM me if you want.

Thanks for all the replies and the noted corrections. The funny thing is, I review reports ALL day long at work, but I can not review my own!! I hope to have pictures up soon.

You've made a nice start and here are some tips for you as you develop the website.

1. Keep refreshing it with new information.

2. If you haven't already done so, swot up on search engine optimisation (SEO). There 's a lot on the internet about it and some good books. You want potential customers who are looking for what you sell to find your site near the top of search engine lists so this is very important to you. In particular, think about keywords and get them in the first few lines of each page.

3. Cut down on the 'I' and 'We' content. It's a negative when you're selling.

4. You probably want to address both the knowledgeable and the ignorant customer. If you want to use technical abbreviations such as 'C1' you have to explain them in a way that is easy to use but doesn't interfere with the flow of the text.

5. When you upload images use good quality ones. Don't skimp on pixels. Viewers will be put off by low definition images. If you don't have any, get some image editing software that will allow you to adjust the physical dimensions of your images.

6. Get rid of the white background to your prices. It's not pretty.

7. You don't state where you are or even which country you are in as far as I can see. There's a big world out there and if you don't intend to serve it all you need to say so.

8. Have a section for hot-off-the-press news and special offers.

Before you go any further have a look at:

http://wordpress.org/

It's free software that I've recommended previously on BYC. It was designed for bloggers but is much more than that now and is great for commercial websites. You can install it a host server such as Bluehost (http://www.bluehost.com/). It means that you can have more freedom over what you do and use your own domain name to get search engine recognition. Using you present hosts domain name style won't help you to get noticed.

Back
Top Bottom