1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Take a stab at these three--what are they??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RaeC, Apr 30, 2008.

1. RaeC

RaeC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2007
    Mc Rae, AR
    I posted these guys before, and didn't really get any answers, so, now that they've grown more, I'm wondering if anyone can figure them out? I'm thinking they're all three roosters, so, I'm not wondering about that much, I'm just wondering about their breeding. I got all three at Tractor Supply at the end of last month, so they're all around a month old.

All three are bantams.

This guy is very sweet, calm, loves to jump up & hang out on my shoulder. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This guy, someone suggested birchen cochin, but, I'm not seeing it. Plus, what's with the feathers on his cheeks?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this guy, maybe a sebright cross? He has a sebright face, a pea comb, but the color? And slate legs? He's a mystery!
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

1) Maybe an australop?
    2) and 3) = not sure

However, I only think your last one is a roo at this point.

3. RaeC

RaeC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2007
    Mc Rae, AR
    Do australorps come in a bantam?

I hope the first one's a hen! I'd love to keep it. [​IMG]

4. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    1. no clue.
    2. Pullet - looks like a mottled d'Uccle, more white should come in as it grows.
    3. maybe a bantam americauna(easter egger). not really sure

Matt

5. kychickenmama

kychickenmama Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2008
    A- looks like a black Hamburg (we have some babies right now and they look like that)

The others I'm not sure. The one with the feathered cheeks looks like an Auracana, but not with feathered legs.... maybe a cross breed?

The bottom one looks like an Auracana too. Especially the comb and feather colors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  6. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Dunno about the first two but the third is a Chamois Sebright cockeral.(Oh, and sebrights are supposed to have slate legs).

7. RaeC

RaeC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2007
    Mc Rae, AR
    Thanks for the input!

Here's what I do know:
    #2 is definitely a pullet, found that out today. And I buy the d'Uccle thinking, that might be right.
    #1 can't be a hamburg, she has a single comb & is a bantam.
    #3 simply HAS to have some sebright somewhere, so I'll buy that he's a chamois. I didn't know they came in any colors other than gold & silver! So that's cool. I like sebrights, but for some reason have a hard time keeping them alive. [​IMG]

Thanks again! [​IMG]

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    They are adorable whatever they are! Keep us posted!

9. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    My bantum buff laced seabrights look just like that

10. RaeC

RaeC Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2007
    Mc Rae, AR
    Quote:Thanks! Will do! This group of chicks has been very easy to take care of compared to others in the past. They're mostly all sweet little guys. Aside from these three, there's also an RIR pullet, a barred rock pullet, a silver laced cochin cockeral, a white frizzle cockeral, a silver duckwing OEGB, probably a cockeral, and a gold laced cochin, which I *think* is a pullet. I love them all! [​IMG]

How did I not know sebrights came in other colors?? LOL! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by