Taking the leap...back to school!

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I've been running a small baking business from home. However, I am limited with space, and my abilites are stuck in the "what I learned on my own and from grandma" phase.

So I contacted the community college I graduated from in 2004 (Internet technology degree with certification in Photoshop for digital graphics) and I am now taking a pastry course. I should learn artisian chocolate making, wedding cake decoration, truffles, competition pastries, petits fours and the big kicker.... show piece sugar decor!!! WHOOOHOOOO!!!

I know some of you have had my biscotti or cream cheese cookie poppers. Its a good business, and its quite fun... but I want a bakery of my own with a coffee corner and where I can have bakery competitions locally. Its just something I would find to be fun and fufilling!

I just needed to share this info as I've been online and on the phone with the school today. They are going to call me back about squeezing me in... and whether I can swing more finacial aid to go back. I'm still kinda paying on my previous loans. NOT cheap!

Here's the link to the classes:

http://baking.waketech.edu/

wee.gif

Whoohoo! Go you! That's exciting!

CONGRATS!!
clap.gif

My personal favorite is red velvet cake!

I just spent a boat load ($150) on our local bakery doing up a fancy-schmancy two tiered baby cake that looks like a wanna be wedding cake. Sounds like a lucrative business!
th.gif

I hope it is! Most of all I think its fun. I know I spent $350 on a small wedding cake. Funny part is, I drew it up and designed it... they were very happy to see it was just assembly only! LOL
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom