tal Chicken owner...new here

MartySQ

Hatching
8 Years
May 27, 2011
hello!... I am located outside of a small town in Kansas. I had a banty or pullet barred plymouth rock wander into my yard after there were tornadoes in the area. I haven't been able to find the owner... so... I have put it in with my ducks in their pen. I guess for awhile at least... I am now a chicken owner. I know relatively nothing abut chickens as I raise ducks...although I do also have a guinea cock and a gander.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Marty! Welcome to BYC. This is a FANTASTIC source of information, and you should find help with just about any topic on which you might need more information. There are lots of friendly people on here who are very generous with their time & experience. There's also lots of good-natured ribbing and joking, and topics of conversation in such a wide array that there's something for everyone. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get acquainted!
caf.gif
As for how you come to be a chicken owner, I'm sorry about all the damage & devastation out your way; I hope the recovery comes quickly and goes smoothly. Your chicken should be fine at least for now with your arrangements -- they do quite well as long as they have adequate feed, fresh water, and a safe secure place to sleep where they are protected from predators. Thank you for taking in the wandering chicken and providing a home. Bless you!

Back
Top Bottom