Taming baby polish

Hawks93

Chirping
Apr 6, 2021
Do y’all have any tips on taming your polish?

Mine are a week old and they will eat out of my hand and fly/rest on my arm whilst I’m in ther enclosure but when I try to take them out they start to cry. Is this normally on track for having tame birds as adults ?

No, not really, it's on track for having birds that are imprinted on you but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be tame later. Chickens are driven by instincts, your arm going to pick them up reminds them of a predator.
What do mean by enclosure? Do you men their brooder?

No, not really, it's on track for having birds that are imprinted on you but it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be tame later. Chickens are driven by instincts, your arm going to pick them up reminds them of a predator.
Yes I do mean brooder

By tame do you mean come up to you for food ? I’m confused a little by what you are asking. Baby chicks cry when pick up because that’s not natural and they feel separated from their flock. Even if you remove a chick , the chick will call for its flock and vice Versa.
Now as for , will they be friendly when grown ? As in approachable to you, that depends on the birds. I have my polish and they are like puppy dogs. They will fallow us around and demand food😂. But they do not like to be picked up and I respect that.

Back
Top Bottom