Tampa, Fl Peeps--Residential Rooster Help?

If you have under 10,000 sqft, they round down, so 9 would be your max. Personally, I would do my best to re-home the roosters, so you're not in an unfamiliar place, with 2 weeks to get them off the property, or else. All it takes is one complaint.

You assume it's about the neighbors hearing the rooster crow, and it is, but here's something that threw me for a little loop, and it was with my current neighbor. He complained about my roosters. I'm zoned for them, so it doesn't matter whether he likes them, or not, and my coop is more than far enough away, so there is NOT a noise issue. He agreed, that he, and his wife didn't even notice them. Baffled, I asked what the problem was. His DOG could hear the roosters when they crow in the morning, and would bark. SERIOUSLY?! I informed him that his complaint was about his own dog making noise, and he needed to train his dog.

Wow. :eek: The more I learn about neighbors, the less I want them. *sigh*
I am definitely trying to find someone who would take the boys, whether here in Kansas or down in Florida. Sadly, I'm discovering it is hard to rehome roosters even when they come with hens.

Update: I think I found a rescue group who will give the boys a home! They also have a network of people who adopt chickens from them, so if they don't take the boys one of the people they know probably will.

I've been stalking all their social media for the rescue page and looking through their website and stuff. I also talked to the owner, who offered to let me come see the place which I will probably also do!

Back
Top Bottom