Tapeworm and Capillaria

Hi guys,

Valbazen arrived from Peter Brown, aka "The Chicken Doctor", from FirstStateVet in Salisbury Maryland.

It comes in a 100ml bottle.

His dosage advice is different, it says:

Mix 8cc of water with 1cc of Albendazole wormer and shake well. Give 2cc of this solution to each chicken orally (down the throat). May be repeated in ten (10) days.

I guess there are multiple theories about what to do. Worried but... I guess it doesn't matter? Peter's advice must be the minimum effective amount, don't go under that and don't go over the previous advice in this thread.

Hi guys,

Valbazen arrived from Peter Brown, aka "The Chicken Doctor", from FirstStateVet in Salisbury Maryland.

It comes in a 100ml bottle.

His dosage advice is different, it says:

Mix 8cc of water with 1cc of Albendazole wormer and shake well. Give 2cc of this solution to each chicken orally (down the throat). May be repeated in ten (10) days.

I guess there are multiple theories about what to do. Worried but... I guess it doesn't matter? Peter's advice must be the minimum effective amount, don't go under that and don't go over the previous advice in this thread.
Not sure where he got his dosing info, but probably best to give it without diluting it The most effective Valbazen is 0.08ml per pound orally, which works out to about 1/2cc for an average sized laying hen.

Thinking about this some more...

1 cc / 9 cc then multiplied by 2 = 0.22

That is really close to one quarter (0.25)

1 cc Valbazen has 113.6mg albendazole, right?

1cc + 8cc = 9cc with 113.6mg albendazole. 113.6/9 = 12.62 mg per cc, so 2cc = 25.24mg

The recommended dose is 9.1mg per pound..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom