Tapeworms that won't go away!

I have 9 adult ladies that have had tapeworms for about 3 months now. My neighbor suggested Ivermectin Pour-on for cattle, so I rushed out and got some. I gathered them all up and dosed (orally) as many as I could grab. They hated it!! Then after re-reading the instructions I discovered that it is a topical. It's a wonder I didn't kill them! So needless to say, I'm a bit gun shy about worming them. I also have used Wazine. Worms seem to come and go but are never truly gone. I now have (4) 2 month olds who are segregated from the adults but I just notice that they too have tapes... I read (here on BYC) that tapes generally are not harmful, just really gross. I just want to get rid of them for good!

Have u tried albendazole ??

I have 9 adult ladies that have had tapeworms for about 3 months now. My neighbor suggested Ivermectin Pour-on for cattle, so I rushed out and got some. I gathered them all up and dosed (orally) as many as I could grab. They hated it!! Then after re-reading the instructions I discovered that it is a topical. It's a wonder I didn't kill them! So needless to say, I'm a bit gun shy about worming them. I also have used Wazine. Worms seem to come and go but are never truly gone. I now have (4) 2 month olds who are segregated from the adults but I just notice that they too have tapes... I read (here on BYC) that tapes generally are not harmful, just really gross. I just want to get rid of them for good!
I know this is an old post but just in case you need a better dewormer try WORMER DELUXE POWDER at Jedds bird supply https://www.jedds.com/

Back
Top Bottom