TarzantheChickenMan is here

TarzantheChickenMan

Songster
10 Years
Oct 1, 2009
Guthrie, MN
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Lets see my first work was "Duck" My second word was "chicken"
so i say shortly after birth i was hooked on chickens
ive keep chickens most of my life other then while i was in college
I raised broilers for my family every summer from the time i could lift a bag of feed. about 11 or so my dad and i build a huge chicken coop for me to raise layers and sell eggs to the neighbors i kept layers until i was a senior in high school
i was an assistant judge a local fair for poultry starting in high school and when i was able to in college
just got back into chickens 3 years ago when my wife and I bought a house lol i ordered birds as soon as we knew were closing the chicks arrived 5 days after we started to move in been doing layers for the kids and broilers every summer
we started turkeys in 07 that went well until the neighbor dogs killed them all a week before i was going to butcher them but the successive batches have been much better so my third batch are doing great

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
not enough 50ish, 1 lonely guinea and 10 Royal Palm turkeys
more as soon as i finish my new coop

(3) What breeds do you have?
assorted breeds barred rocks, Americana, new Hampshire red, dark cornish, dominique, Cornish rock cross
hopefully i'll be getting orloffs and welsummers next spring
my son wants to get some d'anver bantams

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
i found this place just looking for more information on the net so far i like it

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I hunt, fish, play with my kids and enjoy my family, life

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Lets see family first married to a wonderful woman we have 3 kids
14yo daughter who wants nothing to do with the critters really other then the horse
10yo son who is really starting to get into chickens getting him into 4H this fall hopefully he will be showing birds next summer
also last but not least 16mo son who loves his chickens hugs and kisses them lol the future chicken man

we have 2 dogs a Papillion and a patterdale terrier
one stray kitten gone house cat
a few goats and
potbellied pig
and a horse
and 3 geckos

lets see what do I do for a job
I work with 14-18yo boys with chemical addiction issues
Enough said in a perfect world I wouldn’t have this job but as things are I would like to work myself out of one.

So what have I missed lol

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington

Great intro

Imp

Back
Top Bottom