Taste of Duck Eggs

Hi I'm Spifflove. I am a dog of descerning taste. My master tried to feed me store-bought chicken eggs, then backyard eggs, all to no avail. I will only ever touch Pekin eggs. The hen eggs he tries to feed me go back to the hens. Regards.

Last edited:
We eat our runner eggs. They definitely have a slightly different taste than chicken eggs, but are really good. I've used them for baking but also as fried, scrambled, etc.

Hi I'm Spifflove. I am a dog of descerning taste. My master tried to feed me store-bought chicken eggs, then backyard eggs, all to no avail. I will only ever touch Pekin eggs. The hen eggs he tries to feed me go back to the hens. Regards.

lau.gif
It's good to know he has some standards! Lol!

We eat our duck eggs, from our Black Swedish ducks and find they don't taste much different than a chicken egg... I know if you overcook them they can go rubbery since they have less moisture in them then chicken eggs, but we fry and scramble them and they taste good! Oh, and they are awesome to bake with!

I have Golden 300's and they are bred to be good layers. I only use their eggs for all my cooking and baking. And I do lots of baking. I love the duck eggs. I prefer the taste of my ducks eggs to those of chicken, either store bought or home grown. When I share or sell my ducks eggs I always ask what they thought of them if I get the chance later. Most say they are about the same, some like them better and only one has said they prefer chicken eggs.

I eat indian runner eggs , the kids and I love them the yolks are thicker and bigger than chicken eggs , perfect for dippy egg and soldiers for the kids

Dawn x

Back
Top Bottom