Tasty treats - your tips

Lamg

Chirping
Apr 19, 2022
I would love to try fried insect in Thailand:D

At least I bought fried salted crickets and it is very delicious with homemade mayonnaise. I'll admit that despite my initial reluctance, I've become addicted to insect treats and can never get enough of them. I empathized with the role of our chickens:lau

What interesting treats have you loved and can't live without?

Last edited:
I can certainly live without THAT one! :sick
There aren't any interesting or unusual treats I crave, unless you count fried chicken gizzards or the crackly browned skin from a roasted chicken or turkey. But the one thing I'm quite sure without which I would die, is chocolate!

I would love to try fried insect in Thailand:D

At least I bought fried salted crickets and it is very delicious with homemade mayonnaise. I'll admit that despite my initial reluctance, I've become addicted to insect treats and can never get enough of them. I empathized with the role of our chickens:lau

What interesting treats have you loved and can't live without?
eww, not for me :sick I'm glad to be vegan, I'll save the insects for my ducks lol. Personally I cant live without roasted or fried kidney beans, tossed in oil, salt, garlic and sometimes curry spices, fried or roasted until soft inside and slightly crisped skins. SO yummy, I can just eat a whole bowl full with a bottle of cider.

I'll try just about anything once. Bugs are on the less than interesting list of things I've tried. Crickets and grasshoppers are pretty good as long as the legs and wings have been removed. Scorpions and mealworms aint bad.

Lets see, what have I ate most people would think is weird.
horse, possum, coon, armadillo, cat, dog, balut, rattlesnake, turtle, frog, lizard, crawdads, squirrel, gar, bowfin. Just right off the top of my head. Some I eat pretty regularly and others were one time only.

Some people only eat a few species over and over their whole life... someone will experiment. Insects are unsurpassed in terms of nutrition, the content of proteins, minerals, unsaturated fatty acids. Even though there is no rational reason not to put it on the menu, people shy away from it... until they taste it :)

eww, not for me :sick I'm glad to be vegan, I'll save the insects for my ducks lol. Personally I cant live without roasted or fried kidney beans, tossed in oil, salt, garlic and sometimes curry spices, fried or roasted until soft inside and slightly crisped skins. SO yummy, I can just eat a whole bowl full with a bottle of cider.
That sounds very tasty:thumbsup

A couple Christmases ago my mom got me bacon flavored crickets in a little box as a stocking stuffer. The cricket itself was good but the fake bacon taste..not so much. I've tried llama as far as off the menu. My grandpa's friend gave him a leg. The lama had been spooked on a leash and snapped its own neck. Not bad..

Back
Top Bottom