1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tatanka Breeders Club: Meat Quail project with history, discussion, pictures and videos

Discussion in 'Quail' started by MobyQuail, Feb 15, 2012.

1. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

2. ExeterEggSitter

ExeterEggSitter New Egg

Apr 12, 2016
    Hi everyone! Im a new member who is currently raising brown quail who is interested in some selective breeding. I had no idea that some breeders out there are AVERAGING birders bigger than 13 oz, NICE WORK! I didn't know you could get bigger eggs too. Looking forward to posting some pics of a 4-tier 2X3 quail pen im designing for 30-60 quails!

3. winc564

winc564 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2015
    Washington, PA
    I am also new and I am raising quail for meat and eggs. I am primarily interested in being self-sustaining. Could someone point me in the directions of where to start reading so that I understand this thread? Should I be looking somewhere else for info?

1 person likes this.
  4. Sill

Sill Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    [​IMG]
    Check out this thread Show me your quail pens

Start here with Quail Notable Archives & Important / Frequently Asked Topics Happy reading! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Sill

Sill Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    F1 means First Filial or first generation of a cross. F2 would be the second generation of a cross and so on.

6. ExeterEggSitter

ExeterEggSitter New Egg

Apr 12, 2016
  7. SuseyQ

SuseyQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm really interested in this. Are you combining A & M with browns. Besides large birds what is your goal? Larger eggs? More eggs?

8. JRNash

JRNash Overrun With Chickens

May 16, 2015
    Mauriceville,Texas
    How do the jmf recessive whites compare to the jmf meat maker browns? Can the browns be feather sexed? Any information would be appreciated

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by