1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

TBT about your first flock :)

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Newmotherhen89, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Newmotherhen89

Newmotherhen89 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2015
    Just Curious questions for when you first started, let makes this fun! :)

What made you want to get chickens?

How many chickens did you start with?
    (did you also start with hens, pullets or chicks)

What breed did you first buy?

Did you make or buy your first coop?

How many chickens do you have now??? ( ^___^)[​IMG][​IMG]

this post is A throw back Thursday post to when you first got chickens, why and what you did and to reminisce on the early days starting off!

I first fell in love at a poultry show, my boyfriend dragged me a long to look for some more chickens for his parents and we got them polish hens, I didnt realize how awesome chickens were and how much personality they have, i then bugged him to get some of our own, and thats how it begun!

2. prizepete

prizepete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2015
    well I was super little, but I remember a little teensy bit. We started out with 3? sexed chicks, I think one was a gold laced wyndote (spl?) the other two I remember where white leghorns. We had just moved to property and wanted chickens. I am not upto 2 serama pullets, one serama cockerel, One serama chick, and two black austrolorps.

Oh and I am going to hatch some more seramas for the new years hatch along

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator

4. SilkiesnFrizzle

SilkiesnFrizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    I lost my job of 15 years and wanted to do something different and I found a CL ad for a local guy selling chicks.

I started with 3 straight run chicks....

Silkie mix, Sultan mix and Cochin Frizzle mix

My first coop was a parakeet cage[​IMG][​IMG] LOL I had alot to learn....but I can look back and laugh.....I was so unprepared for the birds[​IMG]

Now , I have 50+ Silkies and I now show my birds as well.....but i still have my little Motley Crue.....EE, Red Star, Orphington roo, Barred Rocks and a light Brahma

WAIT!!!!! I forgot the hubby just bought me a Polish pair[​IMG]LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by