Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

lol - I agree with the hands on hips.

I tried a vanilla rooibos and it was the most horrible thing I've ever tasted. Had to have been the vanilla part. Anybody have a taste description for plain rooibos tea?

I didn't even know there was a vanilla rooibos
hu.gif
, but now I'm afraid to give it a try
lau.gif

Today I found the website of the manufacturer of that ceylon tea I keep talking about. They had it in stock for $4!!! I got so excited that I started ordering it... till shipping price showed up $20!!!
ep.gif
$4 for the tea and $20 shipping???? That's insane!!! I think I'll stick with my herb garden and local tea.

Good night, everyone!

I didn't even know there was a vanilla rooibos
hu.gif
, but now I'm afraid to give it a try
lau.gif

Today I found the website of the manufacturer of that ceylon tea I keep talking about. They had it in stock for $4!!! I got so excited that I started ordering it... till shipping price showed up $20!!!
ep.gif
$4 for the tea and $20 shipping???? That's insane!!! I think I'll stick with my herb garden and local tea.

Good night, everyone!
LOL Have you tried amazon?

Searsmom, I have been to Amazon, but the tea was out of stock. A similar one was $54.00 without shipping charges. That was scary! After that, I needed a cup of chamomile/ lavender tea
big_smile.png

How's everyone today?
frow.gif

Searsmom, I have been to Amazon, but the tea was out of stock. A similar one was $54.00 without shipping charges. That was scary! After that, I needed a cup of chamomile/ lavender tea
big_smile.png

How's everyone today?
frow.gif
Ouch!

Sounds good. I took my daughter out today to fly a kite and we got it stuck in a tree, so we had to have tea and horehounds sticks to make us feel better. The kite broke free and landed right by the porch none the worse for wear. So we have to have another cup of tea and some more horehound sticks to celebrate!

lol.png
What fun! What are horehound sticks?

It's still so cold here that flying a kite seems like a dream. I am so hoping for spring soon.

lol.png
What fun! What are horehound sticks?

It's still so cold here that flying a kite seems like a dream. I am so hoping for spring soon.
It will get there. We will have at least 2 more freezes here before it decides it's done for the year.

Old-fashioned horehound stick candy! Although I bought it at an "Amish" store, turns out it's only horehound flavored. I was very disappointed. I tried growing horehound one year, but I think the spot was a little too shady. It's the old-fashioned cough drop flavor before they invented menthol.
lol.png

Oh, I never tried it. Never saw it for sale around here. I'll look into it to try. If I find the real thing, it will be good to try during the cold season. Do you know how to make the candy? I got curious and found a recipe
smile.png

I would have to work the soil up a bit to plant this herb around here. We have clay type soil with very poor drainage. I plant my chamomile in pots.
This year I'm thinking about placing a trellis in the garden and hanging pots from there for the herbs. Last year, the chickens were all over them. I had to work fast.

Oh, I never tried it. Never saw it for sale around here. I'll look into it to try. If I find the real thing, it will be good to try during the cold season. Do you know how to make the candy? I got curious and found a recipe
smile.png

I would have to work the soil up a bit to plant this herb around here. We have clay type soil with very poor drainage. I plant my chamomile in pots.
This year I'm thinking about placing a trellis in the garden and hanging pots from there for the herbs. Last year, the chickens were all over them. I had to work fast.
I would love a recipe!

We have similar soil, but I keep adding compost! Maybe I should just put it in a pot. I finally put chicken wire all around the garden, not very pretty, but it does mean I can actually grow stuff without it being dug up!! When I do let them in, they go right for the one place I don't want them to go. Silly girls.

The website I got the recipe is botanical.com
Let me know if you make it!

I had this tiny blueberry bush I had just planted in a place the chickens weren't interested much. Well, they found the bush and almost picked it bald. I had to use steel cloth all around it. This year I'll let them work the compost in the vegetable garden till May when I'll have to fence it. This year I'm planting warm crops. Maybe some cold crops underneath the trellis. I am excited for spring. Can't wait for warm weather. Then I'll be relaxing with a glass of iced tea
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom