Teach me all you know.

Sarah E

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 28, 2013
Trenton Ga
I live in a small town in Ga just South of Chattanooga Tn. I am very interested in raising Quail and Pheasant. My main reason in this venture is to try and bring back the sounds of the past. I haven't heard a Bobwhite since I was a kid and my Grandfather doesn't remember the last time he heard one. I am also interested in having a variety of chickens. We have plenty of farm land,but over the years,the good old ways have been lost to work schedules. I am taking a stand and am determined to get back to my family roots. It sounds like a lot to take on,but steady as she goes. That's where you all come in. I need friendly advice and solid ideas to help me along the way. I thank you all.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
There is a lot of good info here, including some wonderful wisdom from our old timers, or OT's as we call them. The Learning Centre will be a good start for you, as would the Quail and Pheasants forum sections. Best of luck with your venture!

Greetings from College Station, Texas. We too are trying to get back to our roots, and especially to expose our grandchildren to chickens, eggs, and vegetable gardens. So they realize where things come from besides the supermarket.

Welcome Sarah :) You have chosen the best place to learn, everyone on here is so friendly and I have learnt a lot in the little time I have been here :)
I agree with Teri too :) it's easy to lose sight of where our produce comes from. I have nephews that think meat comes in plastic wrap from the supermarket.
As for me and my boys, we live out in the middle of no where, we can't just run to the shop if we run out of something, so we have to be self sustained :)
I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do :) Keep us posted on how you are going

Back
Top Bottom