Teaching a new duck old tricks/Duck Behavior

KGangl

In the Brooder
May 30, 2016

Hello! I was just curious if anyone has taught their ducks any tricks? I have recently started getting my 12 week old Pekin's to flap their wings on command. It wasn't anything I intentionally set out to do, but they seemed to understand the word "flap" and "grapes", so every time they saw I had grapes, they would flap their wings, so I reinforced that behavior.

Also curious if anyone has any information/links/websites on duck behavior? Everywhere I seem to look, I find plenty about chickens, but none on duck behavior. Just curious to see why ducks do what they do! Thanks :D

Hello! I was just curious if anyone has taught their ducks any tricks? I have recently started getting my 12 week old Pekin's to flap their wings on command. It wasn't anything I intentionally set out to do, but they seemed to understand the word "flap" and "grapes", so every time they saw I had grapes, they would flap their wings, so I reinforced that behavior.

Also curious if anyone has any information/links/websites on duck behavior? Everywhere I seem to look, I find plenty about chickens, but none on duck behavior. Just curious to see why ducks do what they do! Thanks :D
I've never trained any of my ducks, but that is very cool!

Thanks! Although, as spoiled as they are, I am not really sure who is conditioning who!!
tongue.png

Ducks are creatures of habit. The only tricks mine know are to come running when they see that I have treats and to go inside at night.

Back
Top Bottom