Teacup Piglets?

My little girl is about 2 years old. Maddie was the biggest piglet in her litter, and she is only 35 pounds - smaller than any of our dogs. I had a male before her that was only 20 pounds. You need to get a full blooded Leavitt bloodline potbellied pig, other wise they will be interbred with the large hogs, which makes them get larger. At least that is the info I have been able to find. A lot of places sell "mini pigs" or "teacup pigs", but typically they are NOT going to stay too little. A common thing for breeders to do is say they have "Miniature" potbellied pigs. Well, those minis grow up to be in the 100+ pound range, then the owners do not know what to do with this very large pushy, strong as an ox, pig that is living in their home. I adore my Maddie pig, but I am also glad that we did a TON of research first. They are definitely not for just anybody. Pigs are very smart, and can become pushy. But, they are also a great pet as long as you take care of them properly
love.gif
One of the biggest things is their diet. It must be a strict no overfeeding the pig diet - they will become obese very quickly. Ok... I could go on and on but I won't
wink.png

I just went to copy the link to the breeder that I got Maddie from, but apparently they don't have their website up anymore... I got her from "Island Forest ranch & aviary" on Oahu HI. She flew here on the special continental airlines for pets, and we picked her up at the airport
smile.png
Everything went great - no problems what so ever!

Madison with a friend:
27475_img_1356.jpg

27475_img_2224.jpg

27475_img_1279.jpg

That last picture of dog/pig on dog bed is absolutely the best ever!!!!

Beware, pig poop is very oderiferous (stinks reallllly bad)

Having said that, they sure are cute aren't they??

DonnaBelle

Nice pics, great to campare the size with the chicken, and dog. The name teacup is misleading, sure alot larger than a TEACUP!!!!!!!!! like at the auction, people sell some at 3 weeks old so they are smaller.

If I was to buy one ,would want a pic of both parents with somethig to compare with. Also the height not just the weight. Those tall slim pigs have just had their feed held back..............

Back
Top Bottom