Jan 5, 2014
Just wanna see which one people prefer pet-wise
1f60a.png

Cast your vote!
I will go first...
DUCK

Both
gig.gif
Yep, just ruined your poll, i started with ducks and for now they still hold the majority share but i do like my chickens too. Each has positives and negatives, greatly depends on your needs and purposes.

Due to the water consumption of ducks, in the very LONG winter i have had? i prefer my chickens at the moment.
tongue.png

Hmm i am starting to think I should have gotten chickens... Lol

Both
gig.gif
Yep, just ruined your poll, i started with ducks and for now they still hold the majority share but i do like my chickens too. Each has positives and negatives, greatly depends on your needs and purposes.

Due to the water consumption of ducks, in the very LONG winter i have had? i prefer my chickens at the moment.
tongue.png

me too. In the summer ducks, especially because they keep the mosquito and fly population down, but chickens are a lot easier in the winter.

Personality wise which one do you prefer?

You know i do like both but i have some very friendly chickens and my ducks are pretty personable, i could have them more tame but chose to keep them more distanced since they free range, the calls are literately and figuratively in your pocket lol

I think both have the potential to be, i honestly never wanted chickens ... held off quite a bit and was okay, i want chicken eggs why am i buying them? so bought chickens, i seriously started with 4. I was that nah, these are not my thing, turns out i was wrong and enjoy my hens certainly more than i expected and since we have added some silks for my oldest kid and i am adding some more laying hens this spring.

Last edited:
me too. In the summer ducks, especially because they keep the mosquito and fly population down, but chickens are a lot easier in the winter.

Ducks are awesome foragers.. seriously so. The water in the winter... it's a lot... if i never see another frozen pail again it'll be to soon..
roll.png

Last edited:
Geese.
hide.gif

I prefer ducks over chickens though. My ducks are extremely messy but have always had much better personalities than chickens.

Back
Top Bottom