Tech idiot needs HELP!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by nikki1, May 20, 2012.

1. nikki1

nikki1 Songster

Oct 16, 2011
    Eatonville, WA
    We FINALLY finished our coop!!!! We would like to show the world (or at least BYC!) our creation, but I'm a bit technologically challenged. Before I start, is there anything I should know that would make life easier? I see the "insert image" button above...anything else? We have a digital camera with an SD card, and a very basic computer. Should I save images to my computer before starting, or should I (or can I) go straight from the SD card?

Let me know, and I promise I'll post pictures of my coop and of my flock of gorgeous girls. If you aren't impressed, you'll probably be at least amused!

--Nikki

2. I post to my computer first but you should not have to. You can do it both ways.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  3. nikki1

nikki1 Songster

Oct 16, 2011
    Eatonville, WA
    Thanks! I'm sure everyone will say it's SO easy, but I like to have my bases covered before I start. When we set out to adopt our son, the agency had us set up a profile on their website, with easy-to-follow instructions. HA! We had 3 not entirely computer illiterate adults working simultaneously off 6 computers, and it took us 8 hours to get ALMOST done. Granted, this was 9 years ago, and digital photography and photo sharing has come a long way, but still...

Any other advice out there?

--Nikki

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Crowing

Mar 29, 2011
    Click the link in my signature for some instructions on how to upload pictures to the forum. Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: