Teen just "can't" be kind to sister (rant).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I doubt anyone saw it as a punishment to you. I understood what you meant perfectly. But it would have been a punishment for DS!

Glad DS was contrite, but still I might make him write a 5 page 1.5 line spaced essay on why manners are important, even at home.

Tell that boy if he ever talks rude to his moma again then you are going to let the ladies on BYC forum decide his punishment. That should scare him into being eternally polite.
tongue.png

Glad it worked out.

I just wanted to add...you were paying for the food and the movie was in your home. If your son wants guests, that is one thing, but to share the house and food with his sister is another entirely. She lives there, she is entitled to eat there; the guests have no rights. Your son's rights to have friends over do not trump your rights or your daughter's right to be in her own home.

Quote:
I have two sisters. One is 8 years younger than me, the other is 18 months younger than me. Even at a mere 18 months, there can be enough age difference for the elder to feel like a baby-sitter.

Hell, I'm looking at 30, and I still often feel like I'm baby-sitting the both of them.

mom'sfolly :

Glad it worked out.

I just wanted to add...you were paying for the food and the movie was in your home. If your son wants guests, that is one thing, but to share the house and food with his sister is another entirely. She lives there, she is entitled to eat there; the guests have no rights. Your son's rights to have friends over do not trump your rights or your daughter's right to be in her own home.

thumbsup.gif

That says it all​

Last edited:
Sorry but make family time for all of you and let your son have his time with his friends without his sister. There is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
why should everyone else leave the house so the boy can do what he wants to do? that is hardly fair. he should suck it up and deal with it, or move out and pay for his own apartment.
wee.gif

Quote:
why should everyone else leave the house so the boy can do what he wants to do? that is hardly fair. he should suck it up and deal with it, or move out and pay for his own apartment.
wee.gif

That's what DH says!!!! So, my son does not do what he wants. In this situation, son backed wayyyyy down and everyone had a nice evening.

thats good..i am having teenage troubles myself with my oldest son..he somehow got it in his head that hes an adult now and can tell me how it is.
roll.png
smack.gif
smack.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom