Teenager ready to take on chickens!

singingchicks

Hatching
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Evington, VA
Hi! I'm 14 and I already have 21 pets ranging from dogs and cats to Leopard geckos, Guinea Pigs, and of course my 8 mice, 5 of which I've watched grow since they were born. I've always been interested in raising your own food! We also live in the middle of nowhere so that helps too :) No coop or chickens yet (Parents approval though!! yesssssss) but hopefully I will have 1 Buff Orphington 1 Light Brahma 1 Barred Rock 1 Easter Egger and possibly a Light Brahma Roo for breeding (just don't tell my parents that }:) Nice to be here!

Welcome! They are super fun! Two of our first hens, "Goldie" and "Sparkles" are gentler than our barn cats. They follow us around, let us pick them up without complaint...and are GREAT when I find a spider in the house..I grab a girl, bring her in and holder her next to it...BAM problem solved. I'm sure you will have fun with your flock!

frow.gif
Welcome From PA!!

Hello and welcome from Utah!
frow.gif

I'm so glad your parents approved. Heck, I'm nearly twice your age and just got my first five chicks three weeks ago. I could probably learn a thing or two from you.

Hope to see you around a lot on the board.
smile.png

Hello and :welcome

Glad to have you on board! Having the fresh eggs from the chickens is the best. We haven't eaten any cage eggs since we got our first birds. :old

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom