Teenager refuses to kill her chicken for a class project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
In some cases, if the condition will lead to an early death or a short life of misery and pain, euthanasia is practiced. Many parents will accept losing a child to spina bifida, heart defects or other birth defects. Many adults choose to end their lives through medical suicide to spare themselves and their families the pain of a slow disease process like ALS or many types of cancer.

People and their health is not in question here.
Chickens and their health is not in question either.
This thread was started to discuss the matter of a girl protesting the slaughter of a chicken by taking it from school grounds to an undisclosed farm. A few reports say that she paid the school for the chicken. The school has no real issue with the fact that she took it. The school's punishment to her was for leaving school grounds without permission.

Many students refuse to interact with animals, live or dead, for school projects and do not make this much of a fuss about it. She has caused a lot of bickering over nothing in particular. It wouldn't have even broken past the local papers had it not been for the loud mouthed protest group spreading the word and making her a hero for basically throwing a temper tantrum.

Quote:
Quote:
In some cases, if the condition will lead to an early death or a short life of misery and pain, euthanasia is practiced. Many parents will accept losing a child to spina bifida, heart defects or other birth defects. Many adults choose to end their lives through medical suicide to spare themselves and their families the pain of a slow disease process like ALS or many types of cancer.

People and their health is not in question here.
Chickens and their health is not in question either.
This thread was started to discuss the matter of a girl protesting the slaughter of a chicken by taking it from school grounds to an undisclosed farm. A few reports say that she paid the school for the chicken. The school has no real issue with the fact that she took it. The school's punishment to her was for leaving school grounds without permission.

Many students refuse to interact with animals, live or dead, for school projects and do not make this much of a fuss about it. She has caused a lot of bickering over nothing in particular. It wouldn't have even broken past the local papers had it not been for the loud mouthed protest group spreading the word and making her a hero for basically throwing a temper tantrum.

Good points.
We can go round and round forever and not get anywhere on this meat bird/pet thing... Imo a pet thing is personal..It is pointless to debate what kind of animal is suitable for a pet.

Quite frankly I am beginning to find this thread pointless...

The OP has not responded in quite some time... I have asked a simple question several times, it goes unanswered.. Therefor I will assume the OP feels none of us have any right to kill and eat any chicken. Which puts the OP in the group of the unmentionables!

Maybe this whole thread was started just to drive a wedge between all us BYC chicken lovers:(

I don't know... But think the OP could clear some of this up... Otherwise we go round and round and round and round.

ON

Quote:
My understanding was that paying for the chicken was restitution for stealing the chicken.

She even went on the news an bragged about how she planned the theft. So weather the school made a issue out of it or not, its a issue.

Its one thing to refuse to kill the chicken and stand for what she believed in, it is Another to STEAL school property which is what she did when she stole the chicken. Just my thoughts.

Quote:
Are you looking for answers from the OP or from the perpetrator? They appear to be two different people.

But I agree, this thread is becoming pointless. I think the horse is dead unless all involved at the school tell the full story without embellishment.

Take that!
beatingdeadhorse.gif

An that!
beatingdeadhorse.gif

An that!
beatingdeadhorse.gif

An one of those!
beatingdeadhorse.gif

An one of these
beatingdeadhorse.gif
for good measure!

dacjohnsON[/quote :

Are you looking for answers from the OP or from the perpetrator? They appear to be two different people.

But I agree, this thread is becoming pointless. I think the horse is dead unless all involved at the school tell the full story without embellishment.

Opps.. either, but preferably Whitney.
ON
Please continue with your regularly scheduled beating of the dead horse.....
lol.png

I think we may have scared Whitney away. Or maybe she is so busy with all her other web activities that she hasn't made it back here

It would be nice for further clarification from her though.

Quote:
My understanding was that paying for the chicken was restitution for stealing the chicken.

She even went on the news an bragged about how she planned the theft. So weather the school made a issue out of it or not, its a issue.

I figured she paid for the bird by paying into a materials cost before the project got underway that went to the cost of the chickens, their feed, etc.
hu.gif

Many classes have a materials cost at the beginning of the semester to help cover additional costs that the schools budget cannot cover. I know photography classes will do it for dark room equipment and some art/shop classes will have it for supplies. I think a few might do it for field trips as well.

But as stated, without any new information or word from the girl herself, this thread is like being stuck in a roundabout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom