Tell How Predators Got Your Chickens. Save Somebody Else From The Bad Experience

okallthis4eggs, I use the same latch system on my coop! It works awesome the the color clips are big enough to prevent the freezing shut in the winter. The bottom clip has some raccoon teeth marks in it now but nobody has gotten in!

okallthis4eggs, I use the same latch system on my coop! It works awesome the the color clips are big enough to prevent the freezing shut in the winter. The bottom clip has some raccoon teeth marks in it now but nobody has gotten in!
I think they are great too. Easy to install and rugged enough. Best of all its predator proof. Thanks for letting us know you use them and that a raccoon dulled his teeth and didn't get in..lol

Missa Chickabee here is a picture of the latches I use on my coop and run. You can get the latches at Home Depot or Lowes. The blue clip thing is a extra precaution and you can get them at the same place. No predator will get these open.

Thanks a ton for posting these! I need new latches on my duck house door, and these will do the trick. The carabiner to lock it down is a stroke of genius!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks a ton for posting these! I need new latches on my duck house door, and these will do the trick. The carabiner to lock it down is a stroke of genius!
thumbsup.gif
Thank you for the correct name "carabiner". I can never remember what they are called so they end up getting called "blue clip thing" ..lol. Glad this helped you and you won't regret getting these latches.

I just had a broody hen's head and neck eaten by a rat. I have decided, due to the feed back on this website that poison is the past remedy for that pest. My birds free range so it looks like I'll have to keep them in the coop for about a week.

Find the rats hole...it will be close by, look for a little trail leading from the coop. Drop the poison into the hole...no more rat. If you can't find the hole, shred some feed bags into strips, say five by ten inches...they will drag that to the burrow but prob not get it all in--voila! Sign post. I don't know if it's a past remedy, it's what I do. I have field rats, but no coop rats or dead chicks.

I just had a broody hen's head and neck eaten by a rat. I have decided, due to the feed back on this website that poison is the past remedy for that pest. My birds free range so it looks like I'll have to keep them in the coop for about a week.
Live catch traps work good if you rather not use poison. Then you wouldn't have to lock the birds in. Set the traps at night when the birds roost. Use peanut butter for bait. Just another option.

Back
Top Bottom