Tell me 98F isn't the end of the world!!

seventreesfarm

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2012
Everson, WA
When I left for work this morning the incubator was at 99.3 and 100 so I left one vent plug out since the temp tends to creep up a little as it heats up outside.

This afternoon, 8 hours later, the temps are 97.9 and 98. Will this mess things up or is it in the window of survivability?

They've only been incubating since Saturday but I'm planning to candle them all tonight to see what I can see.

My incubator was unplugged for a whole night (10-12 hours), temperature went down to room tempeature at around 70, then I plugged it back in. The next day, I lost power for 2.5 hours and the temp went down to 78. It hatched out fine.

Thanks for the reassurance
th.gif

Temps are already back to 99.3 and 100 after replacing one of the vent plugs. I just need to get it to where the flucuations are in a better range and quit messing with it.

These are going to be some tough little chickies if they can hatch after my newbie fumbling.

I am sorry to say this, but yes they will most likely not make it. They usually die even at 98.9. It's just the way things are.

Okay, now to be real. Your eggs are FINE. I have a Brower 100 egg galvanized metal incubator that fluctuates from 97.3 to 103.4. I hatched recently, and got 18 out of 20 eggs to hatch they all survived and turned out very healthy. You are overreacting, and you need to keep cool when hatching. The temperatures you REALLY want to stay away from are 95 and 105. Those temperatures are bad for your developing chicks.

Sorry if the top message scared you at first, I was just picking at you.

GOOD LUCK!

I am sorry to say this, but yes they will most likely not make it. They usually die even at 98.9. It's just the way things are.

Okay, now to be real. Your eggs are FINE. I have a Brower 100 egg galvanized metal incubator that fluctuates from 97.3 to 103.4. I hatched recently, and got 18 out of 20 eggs to hatch they all survived and turned out very healthy. You are overreacting, and you need to keep cool when hatching. The temperatures you REALLY want to stay away from are 95 and 105. Those temperatures are bad for your developing chicks.

Sorry if the top message scared you at first, I was just picking at you.

GOOD LUCK!
LOLOL!!
I tend to overreact about things. Good to know I can relax when I'm at work and not able to check the temps a million times an hour
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom