Tell me about Bantam egg laying, please

My Pekin bantam just laid her first 2 eggs in 3 days & they are 2/3 the size of a normal egg & oh, so tasty!
tongue.png

The EE's are still waiting to catch up
roll.png

I'll bet the Pekin goes broody soon, hopefully
fl.gif
I've got the bug for more chickens,,,,

As far as egg laying, I had some Mille Fleur D'Uccles that laid probably 4 a week. They seemed to lay more than the OEGB that I had at the time.

I also like the speckled eggs. Have only ever had one Welsummer and her eggs weren't as spotted like the ones you are referring to. I want some of those medium brown with bigger brown speckles too! I used to have coturnix quail and their little eggs were that same pattern.

I just bought a bantam sized Wheaten Ameraucana roo and would like to find him a bantam Wellie for olive eggs.
Would also like to find some more Ameraucana pullets too.

If you buy eggs on Ebay, birdbrain has bantam Wellsummers. She is not on BYC but she is reliable and packs her eggs well.

I am new At rising chicks but Barred rocks are good egg layers but my are still chick they are 7 weeks and Barred rocks are A bantman breeed

Haha your forgiven as long as you enjoy chickens as we do ,your welcome anytime :) welcome to the flock :)

Back
Top Bottom