Tell me about your Australian Shepherd

I just got one this past Monday. She (Gracie) is 2 1/2 yrs old (red tri-color), housebroken & fixed. She is very sweet & lovable. Lots of energy, but not sure if it's because of the breed or the fact that she was crated for about 8 hours a day before I got her. My terrier mix (Precious) is establishing her queenly court with her, but they both get out & run on the acreage I have.
Gracie also killed one of my chickens today. All the chickens were in their run, or so I thought, but it seems that one managed to find her way out...Gracie had been let out unsupervised because the chickens were supposed to be secured. Now I get to kick myself for letting it happen.
I plan on keeping the dog, but we will be doing some serious chicken training!

I finally found my camera so I have much better pics of Harry!
Harry.jpg

Harry2.jpg

Harry1.jpg

This is Duke, our 1/2 Aussie (mom is registered Australian Shepard) 1/2 Blue Lacy(Dad is registered Blue Lacy) puppy:

37917_duke.jpg

This is his sister Lily:

37917_lily.jpg

and his other sister Lola:

37917_lola.jpg

Their energy level at the moment is about the same as any other puppy. They spend their days eating, chewing, terrorizing our cat Charlie (who loves the attention), and sleeping.

I have a Lab and an Aussie. The Lab chewed up everything in sight until he was about 2. Now he is old and just is content to lay in the front yard in the sun. He has been a love. The Aussie was a hurricane Rita rescue from Petsmart. I got her from the 83 year old woman who adopted her. She is my shadow, the expression "dog your foorsteps" was made for her. She is not the hyper Aussie, but loves to play and has the yard to run in. I had an Aussie years ago that was in high gear every minute of the day. Neighborhood kids knocked on the door to ask if Freckles could come out to play with them.

Those are cute pup pictures! Thanks for sharing.
It is interesting reading about everyone's Australian Shepherds. Harry has been interested in chasing the cats. He yips and jumps at them but they don't run and just bat at him.
I'm sorry to hear about your chicken Tiger Lilly.
sad.png

Souperchicken, what a beautiful pup! Great name too, very cute! Our aussie was a great dog, very laid back, excellent ranch dog but not a hyper dog at all. Now our border collie mix.... wow, that is a go go dog, all day long! The aussie was much easier!
Congrats and have fun with him!

Back
Top Bottom