Tell me about your Columbian Wyandottes!

Keenonf

Songster
10 Years
Jan 7, 2010
Dallas area
I was thinking about getting a few and I wanted to know a little about them before I consider getting some. Tell me about there temperance, egg size, how often they lay, how often they go broody. Pics would be great too. I've been looking around and I wanna order from ideal because there somewhat local. I looked on there site and they won't be available til april. I have also seen hatching eggs on ebay which would work also. I'm leaning more towards the bantam variety because I could have more of them. Thanks in advance everyone
smile.png

I don't have bantams but standard they lay very well and it's a decent sized egg. Three hens and three eggs just about everyday.

Here's a pic of one of my roosters.
23266_chickens_055.jpg

I got him from a private breeder of these in WI. I should run into him tomorrow hopefully at a swap. Didn't realize his birds were this nice all I've ever seen are his chicks. I'm going to get contact info hopefully and keep in touch with him. I bought two chicks from him last year and the hen unfortunatly died. But hopeing to get some tomorrow. As far as recommending them they are great very freindly and not at all flighty. I'll keep you posted if I run into him and maybe I'll have some pics of chicks I hopefully get. Mike

I am getting a columbian bantam pullet at an upcoming show I am excited I bet she will look great next to my Faverolles

Well thats good to hear. I've never had any wyandottes so I don't know what to expect besides what people tell me. I appreciate all the information. Please keep it coming lol.

Back
Top Bottom