Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -B. Franklin

Kharsin

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 2, 2013
Hello all! I'm joining this site and others like it to learn about poultry! My family and I currently live in the city but have hopes (great hopes, I might add!) of returning to the country within a year or so. When we do so, we would love to have a small flock for egg and some meat production. Plus, I love to learn new things, so I'm looking forward to meeting a few new people to bounce ideas off of and glean new information from. Glad to be here!

-Bobby

welcome-byc.gif

Hello all! I'm joining this site and others like it to learn about poultry! My family and I currently live in the city but have hopes (great hopes, I might add!) of returning to the country within a year or so. When we do so, we would love to have a small flock for egg and some meat production. Plus, I love to learn new things, so I'm looking forward to meeting a few new people to bounce ideas off of and glean new information from. Glad to be here!

-Bobby
Welcome to the BYC flock. :D What area are you located and what kind of chickens are of interest to you? Chirp

welcome-byc.gif
If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread - then you probably will get to meet some BYCERS.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm located in Southwest Louisiana, and I'm not quite sure what kind of chickens interest me just yet. I'm still in the early areas of research. Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a BYCERS? I figure BYC stands for Backyard Chickens, but what about the ERS? I grew up in the country, but ended up in the city when I got married. We've been here for right at 10yrs, but after that much time and two children later, I'm ready for some room again!!! I'm currently working my way through "The Small-Scale Poultry Flock" by Harvey Ussery, and several other books as well. My wife and I are very interested in sustainability, organic farming, and the like. I have a degree in Biology but have been in ministry for, well, right at 10yrs, so I'm ready to put that knowledge to use! LOL! Again, thank you all for the warm welcome!

-B

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm located in Southwest Louisiana, and I'm not quite sure what kind of chickens interest me just yet. I'm still in the early areas of research. Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a BYCERS? I figure BYC stands for Backyard Chickens, but what about the ERS? I grew up in the country, but ended up in the city when I got married. We've been here for right at 10yrs, but after that much time and two children later, I'm ready for some room again!!! I'm currently working my way through "The Small-Scale Poultry Flock" by Harvey Ussery, and several other books as well. My wife and I are very interested in sustainability, organic farming, and the like. I have a degree in Biology but have been in ministry for, well, right at 10yrs, so I'm ready to put that knowledge to use! LOL! Again, thank you all for the warm welcome!

-B
ERS=plural of BYC......, means a whole big bunch of us....plural.... BYC'ers....Back Yard Chickens loving folks. :) Chirp

Back
Top Bottom