Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -B. Franklin

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kharsin, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Kharsin

Kharsin New Egg

Sep 2, 2013
    Hello all! I'm joining this site and others like it to learn about poultry! My family and I currently live in the city but have hopes (great hopes, I might add!) of returning to the country within a year or so. When we do so, we would love to have a small flock for egg and some meat production. Plus, I love to learn new things, so I'm looking forward to meeting a few new people to bounce ideas off of and glean new information from. Glad to be here!

-Bobby

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. redstar14

redstar14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    Welcome

4. chirpingcricket

chirpingcricket Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL
    Welcome to the BYC flock. :D What area are you located and what kind of chickens are of interest to you? Chirp

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread - then you probably will get to meet some BYCERS.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Bobby, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! You've come to a great place to learn! Best of luck and have fun!

7. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Bobby, welcome to BYC, and good luck with that move to the country. I could never live elsewhere.

9. Kharsin

Kharsin New Egg

Sep 2, 2013
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm located in Southwest Louisiana, and I'm not quite sure what kind of chickens interest me just yet. I'm still in the early areas of research. Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a BYCERS? I figure BYC stands for Backyard Chickens, but what about the ERS? I grew up in the country, but ended up in the city when I got married. We've been here for right at 10yrs, but after that much time and two children later, I'm ready for some room again!!! I'm currently working my way through "The Small-Scale Poultry Flock" by Harvey Ussery, and several other books as well. My wife and I are very interested in sustainability, organic farming, and the like. I have a degree in Biology but have been in ministry for, well, right at 10yrs, so I'm ready to put that knowledge to use! LOL! Again, thank you all for the warm welcome!

-B

10. chirpingcricket

chirpingcricket Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Fairhope, AL
    ERS=plural of BYC......, means a whole big bunch of us....plural.... BYC'ers....Back Yard Chickens loving folks. :) Chirp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by